Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Molybdenum

Molybdenum, Molybdenum,
What do you do
Sitting on the table,
Number 42?

Do you use your strength
To punch a jerk
Or keep me awake
Through a day of work?

Do you fuse together
Pieces of metal
Or bring out the color
Of a rose petal?

Is it perhaps how I eat
And the way that I chew
Or the way that I concentrate
As I learn about you?

No, it's none of this at all,
Molybdenum, forgive me.
The things you do are
Still wonderful, as I see.

You work with some enzymes
To let me safely pee
And keep my teeth strong
For my smile bright to be.

How can I thank you
Molybdenum, my friend?
It seems you're with me
From beginning to the end.

I appreciate all that you do
And all your great effort,
Molybdenum, so superior
To those six gases inert.

No comments:

Post a Comment