Saturday, August 6, 2011

A creative, lighthearted poem

Write, I must write,
And get it done today.
Something jolly and fun
To make my readers gay.
They deserve a laugh,
Or at least a hearty chuckle.
But what shall I write of,
A honeysuckle belt buckle?
Of course not, that wouldn't work,
How'd I get an idea so stupid?
Perhaps then I should write
A quick limerick about Cupid?
Even worse than before!
Suppose I'll glance around the room.
Look at that white paint,
A door, a tie, a worn down broom.
Nothing here is worth
A whole poem to itself.
Perhaps there's inspiration
Lying just over on the bookshelf?
Struck out yet again there
And now I'm just stuck.
That's always how it goes,
It's just my poor luck.
Guess I'll have to write about nothing
Maybe that will satisfy.
Oh dear, who am I kidding?
I need a topic to get me by.
I suppose I've let down my fans
And shown my lack of skill.
I should've just written a serious poem
About an oral contraceptive pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment