Monday, January 18, 2010

3 in the Morning

We've typed to each other halfway through the night.
Fighting off sleep any longer for you doesn't seem right.
But it's addicting, reading each word you spell.
Oh dear, some of what you put will make me go to hell.

The grandfather clock sounds its old bells.
One, two, three o'clock is the time it tells.
I see each letter, a character of one byte.
You and I, we can make it 'til the Sun's alight.

Your words ensnare me
As I slowly close my eyes
I lay my head down

But no, I musn't fall asleep, not right now.
I'll make it through the night, with you. Somehow.
I type my reply, a short, quick, "lmao."
I look at it send, but little did I know

You weren't being sarcastic, I was just slow.
You poured out your soul and I let it go.
I see my chances with you take their final bow.
They fade into the Internet, but I refuse to say ciao.

I send you a text
I send you an email, too
I must make contact

We had such chemistry going together, my dear.
I simply cannot let this minor nadir
Prevent a new zenith where we are together.
We could talk with each other, no matter the weather.

Between our fates, don't you too see the tether?
You and your computer make me feel light as a feather.
The rules of the universe to which we must adhere,
They say you need to come back to me, I'm quite sincere.

You will be back soon
Of this I'm so very sure
I will be online

No comments:

Post a Comment