Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a Lovely Day

What a lovely day
Filled with freedom and friendship
I've got smiles to spare

I anticipated for days ahead
Without even a hint of dread
How we could spend our day
The time had to laugh and play

I woke up so giddy with a smile
Knowing where I'd be in a while
Hating just the wait before I arrived
For of my friends I'd been deprived

A short drive away
All that had kept us apart
Now was behind me

The reunion was so very grand
A thing better than I could've planned
Hours passed in just an instant
As I laid with my life's constant

Soon we all left that we might eat
And as if the day wasn't already sweet
We came upon another friendly face
I felt I was truly in my place

I've got smiles to spare
After that most wondrous time
What a lovely day

No comments:

Post a Comment