Thursday, May 13, 2010

28 minutes (and 18 months)

I had
Seen
The dagger.
It was
In your hand
So long.
It never moved,
Just stared at
My heart.
I didn't think
It would ever
Stab me.
But it did,
It did, it did,
It did.
Yossarian,
I am cold,
So cold.
Chekov knew
The dagger would
Lunge.
5:03
Metal in
My heart.
I'm cold,
Yossarian,
I'm cold.
It can't
Be true,
Can it?
It can't
Be through,
Can it?

I'll die.

Death, yes
That's it,
Die now.
Death is
The way
Out.
I won't
be cold,
Yossarian.

Yell
And scream
At you.
My dearest,
My killer,
I hate you.

5:31
I'm still
Alive.
In fact,
I might be
More alive.
The dagger,
The blade;
It's fake.
Never really
A threat
To me.
A trick,
A gag,
I'm okay.
Warmth,
Yossarian,
I'm fine!
28 minutes
In hell,
And I'm fine!

The dagger
Is gone
Forever.
I have
Nothing
To fear.
Now,
Where to go
From here?

No comments:

Post a Comment