Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Door

It's rather cold here
Standing in the rain
There's thunder, lightning
Annoyance, and pain

Wetter and wetter
Shivering in fear
I'm not having much fun
Just being out here

There is a way out
I see a door there
What is behind it
For I'm unaware

So many things good
Could hide just inside
Feelings of joy, glee
Happiness, and pride

I could have a ball
A jolly good time
Taking me, nothing
It may me sublime

But what if that's wrong
The other side sucks
Torment forever
My face in buttocks

The door taking me
To eternal crap
Never grin again
Always in a trap

I can't make a choice
Staying here or not
The door is tempting
But I've done all naught

Option one, hurt here
Option two, gamble
I can't chance the door
Stay here, stay loyal

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm...this one is good, but I don't like the 30th line; "my face in buttocks" is forced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working with line 26 in mind at that point. I had crap there and I saw that buttocks rhymed on 24 and I thought, eh put a pun in the emoness. Also it's 24. I don't know how you got 30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 lines per stanza instead of 4...fail.

    ReplyDelete